Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 45 Count Down to Funky 55

Do you ever wonder if eating is my favorite pastime? Do I eat out all the time. Pretty much yes. When I remarried, my daughter had her double-digit birthday and become a picky eating tween. Hubs after years of being served mess hall chow in the military and having no say so about what he ate had also become a picky eater. The types of things the two of them would eat was overly fattening for me and cholesterol ladden. That left me with two choices, become a short order cook and fix us all something different, or eat out. I chose the latter and why wouldn't I? I get to sit and relax and converse with my loved one -- if we eat at home, we sit in separate rooms banging away on our computers or watching netflix eating snicky stuff that isn't good for either of us. We don't use our dining table because our household has "flat surface disease" -- if there is a flat surface, it is covered up with stuff. Makes us sound mess and I guess we are. We operate by the "pile it" system. We pile it here, and there and everywhere and while it might look disorganized to you, we can find everything perfectly....well, usually. We mostly lose things though when we try to get organized to modern conventions and look magazine pristine which we never manage. Suddenly, that something we're looking for that was in a pile for months and months is now misplaced because we cleaned and can't remember where. So, cleaning is mostly dusting and not disturbing the carefully, dare I say artfully? I'll be more honest, hapahazardly stacked piles. Ok, enough about house work, I'm depressing myself exposing my less than tidy home. Hey, we are very laid back and relaxed at Yesterways Cottage, and isn't that the way it is supposed to be in your private retreat from the world. It works for us and that's what matters.

 We're eating at our favorite barbeque place again and since I took photos here before during Count Down to Funky 55, I figured I would pick a different spot. I have a few tables I like to sit at. I guess that's a bit OCD but it is what it is. Look at all that food! I had pulled pork, ribs and fried zuccini. Let's not forget the french fries and baked beans. Hubs had his usual hot link dinner. But so far, I've talked about everything but the funky fashion I have going on. I'm wearing an African print super long tunic top with a faux vest. I guess you could wear it as a dress but I never have. I always wear either pants or a skirt with it. Today, I wore it with a black skirt. The scarf tied around my neck is actually a head piece but I have never quite gotten the hang of how to wear it that way, so there it is tied around my neck.

 Inside and out, this place has wonderful photo ops. This is toward the back of the building maybe where they smoke the meat. I'll have to find out. I love all the sign collections they have everywhere. The sign immediately behind me says "Hyde Park Milk Run". I like all the hodge podge of signs. And those bird houses are actually functional. You can see the contrast of the bright orange and black on my outfit. The African prints on it are gorgeous and I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't think to get close up photos of that part and the back too. I'll try to remember to post that in with tomorrow's post.


I guess they have had, or maybe still do, a drive through and this is their outside menu. I always eat inside because I like to sit down, rest, and chat with hubs. I loved his company and conversation from the very first moment I met him. I'm pointing at option number 7 which what I ate today but also had some pulled pork.


Walking back to the truck was when I realized the bird houses had nests in them. I had to take a photo. All these pictures give me something to discuss with my grandchildren. They will like this one for sure.


Here's a selfie of the two of us. Didn't too bad this time. I took two and we were actually in both of them! I picked the *best* one to go in this post.

And that's it for Day 45. Just think, in 10 more days, I'll be 55!!!!

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...