Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 40 Count Down to Funky 55

Day 40 catches me at Pisano's Pizzaria! And there's more cheesin' going on than just the pizza! Look at that ridiculously big cheesy grin. LOL Husband said *smile* and this is what he got. Kind of frightening -- looks like a grimace. I have no idea what a natural smile looks like on me because they are spontaneous and never during photos. Therefore, when you throw me in front of a camera, you get what you get. And this time, this is what he got. haha


I had CRYSTALS on! Yeah! I had a set I loved and lost. I think I probably moaned and groaned about that in one of the previous Count Down posts so we won't rehash the whole deal. Just know that I accidentally threw them away. But I have others and rooted around until I found them and wore them today. 

I love the dress I have on. I guess I say that every day about every outfit I wear. What I like about this dress is that it is *elemental* -- has the colors of all four directions in it. The energy is marvelous.


As a quick aside before we continue talking about the outfit, this is the exterior of Pisano's. Kind of an art deco look. It serves buffet everyday all day long and has a salad bar. It is hubs favorite pizza place -- well one of them anyway. It has to be really awful pizza for hubs to not want it. Let's just say this place rates at least a 9 if not a full 10 in his eyes.



Back to the outfit. Because the dress is above the ankles and is thin and for my comfort requires a slip, I wore a long orange underskirt. That took care of the slip issue and gave a nice drop of color below the dress. 


Here I took the vest off so the dress could be seen without it. I don't know if I moved or if hubs shook but I got a bit of blur going on in the face. Actually, I'll tell you the secret -- I'm so fast I had zipped around the block and gotten back in place by the time the camera flashed. Did that sound convincing? I'm practicing my grandparent silly stories to tell Little Rudy and Miss Peach. Wonder if they will buy that story. We'll see. They are tiny tots so I got a lot of bluffing years to get in over them before they get wise to granny's tales. :)


Now for the back of the vest. It has a HOOD! And a neat little decorative insert in the back. Of course, when the hood hangs down, it pretty much obscures that pretty part, but oh well. I know it's there -- now you do too. 


I finished the day with some gardening. The flower beds had all filled up with grass and was a bugger bear to get out. There wasn't much dirt left once I got it pulled and there was a layer of weed cloth - so nothing grew from the bottom but all the flying grass seeds landed in the flower bed really took hold. So, using the old carpet I tore out of my living room, I boot down one heck of a week barrier. And then I put down mulch. The pots nest on top of the mulch and they are in buckets to hold water so they don't over dry with the sun bearing down on them. That also makes sure they have water as we head inevitably into the *drought season* when rains will get scarce. All the pots are planted with herbs. The ones showing growth contain mint, lavender and sage. I was really surprised that my sage sprouted and grew. I planted basil at the same time and none of it grew. It rained right after I planted everything and I'm thinking the rain flooded the seeds out. But where did they go? Or maybe the birds got them but some of those seeds were tiny tiny tiny that if a bird could see them, he deserved to have them!

That's it for today. See you tomorrow.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...