Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 3 Count Down to Funky 55

Funky fashion today is all about the hair. Not only do I love fascinators, miniature hats, head bands, and hats as wardrobe accessories, for me hair itself is an accessory.  So, yes, I like to do wigs. Funky fun wigs!  If they're not fun and funky, why bother? I already have *regular hair*. 

In all the Day 3 photos, I am sporting pale blue hair. It's a nice *little ole' lady* color that isn't a shocking leap from my natural gray and yet it does add a nice spice to life.  Ah, but not to worry, rich, wild colors are on the horizon in future funky fashion photos. I promise. 

In this photo I am sitting in my favorite chair with my skull scarf wrapped around me. The hair was new and I just HAD to have a photo. So, this photo was not a public appearance which I sort of feel has to happen to qualify as a Funky 55 fashion photo. So, scroll on down for the hair complete with outfit IN PUBLIC. :)


Here I was out on a midday luncheon with hubby. He is the photographer that captures these wonders for us -- I call the photos *wonders* because I figure people look at them and *wonder* what I think I am doing. LOL Well, it's simple -- I am being ME! Here I have on one of my tank style summer dresses that has the  rounded hemline.  I figured out that made them perfect to layer over a coordinating under skirt. Add a belt and scarf and this is what you get. The belt is left over from my Ren Faire days when I portrayed a character called Lady Dalyndra, Celtic Queen of Dal Riada. It's a very handy accessory in my day to day wardrobing.


 And let's not forget shoes. They are such an important accessory. I used to be all about *cute* when it came to shoes. I still am BUT *comfort* trumps *cute* in my elder years and my feet thank me dearly. Gone are the days I am willing to totter around on *cute* shoes all day with feet in agony and nursing blisters and aching feet and leg muscles later. What I'm wearing here are leather wedge heels strappy sandals. Very, very, very comfortable.
 


 Almost forgot the jewelry. GAK! What was I thinking. The jewelry in this outfit is made of labradorite and is one of my very favorite sets. I ware it a lot. The pendant is actual just a hunk of thin stone that was polished on one side and raw on the other. The artisan was creative in affixing jewelry mounts to it so that it could serve as a pendant. Bless her, bless her for her works.



And that wraps up funky fashion for Day 3 Count Down to Funky 55.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...