Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Misspent Time is Forever Lost- #Reduce Facebook Time Challenge

 I am going to do an experiment in living UNPLUGGED. Well, semi-unplugged anyway. I am going to only do Facebook first thing in the morning and late at night for the next week. After that, I will check Facebook only once a day at the end of the day. Then I will cut back to Mon, Wed, Fri. Then to Mon & Fri. Then to Mon only.

GOAL: To do Facebook in the cracks of living instead of living in the cracks of Facebook....

You know, out of all the resources we have in life, most of them are something we can regenerate because they are material things. Money lost, we can re-earn. Items lost, we can usually replace, if not with identical things, then with something similar and perhaps even more suitable than previous belongings. However, there is one resource that once it is gone, it is gone and that's TIME. Misspent time is forever lost. The beauty of time is that it is equal to all. Everyone has 24 hours in their day. They can't jump out there and make some deals and generate millions or billions in time -- time is finite. And for the science and physics geeks that want to go all relativity on me, let me clairify for purposes of this article: the way time is measured on this plane, in this realm, in this life, it is a limited and finite resource.  AND while we might not know the overall arc of availability in years, we do all have the same amount of it daily - 24 hours in a day. So, rich people, poor people, charitable people, evil people, EVERYBODY has the same amount of time in a 24 hour cycle. Cool beans right?  But here's the real point of this article....
WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT TIME? 
Can you actually say you are LIVING those 24 hours? I recently read an article that snapped my head up and gave me a good strong dose of reality and I was like.. how did I let this happen? Because I had let it happen. The article was on the Huffington Post by a business man that said he was quitting Facebook forever and then he gave his reasons why. It has caused him to live a passive life. He no longer fully engaged in the world around him and not even with his family and friends. He *stayed in touch* with people through comments and a quick picture posts but they didn't interact at any deep level. Buddies that he used to grab a cup of coffee with he hadn't seen in months if not years. He no longer made the effort. He also realized that what we put on Facebook generally is not a totally accurate representation of what is going on in the lives of others. Someone can be silently struggling with a ton of issues in their lives and never tip their hand in Facebook for the world to see. Because guess what, our friend lists are massive and consist of people we don't even know. So, people hold back on things and just share thier *public facade* that everyone can see. So this guy missed out on some very important things in the lives of his real world friends and family members because he had stopped interacting with them in the real world and had become reliant on Facebook. Furthermore, when people are together, they aren't really together because they are all staring down at their phones to see what Facebook or Twitter is doing and not immersing themselves in the *right now* with a flesh and blood breathing person. People have become so addicted to Facebook that they can't work without getting into it. It has completely taken over people's lives.

So I sat their thinking about that article and I thought WOW! Without realizing it, I too had become just like that. I have tons of projects that I should be doing but instead I am on Facebook running groups, doing pages, chatting, reading and making posts, etc. etc. How did that happen? It started because I wanted to engage with like minds. And so I created a group to accomplish that. Then the group became something that was all consuming to keep up with. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong. But somewhere along the way, I stopped living in the real world and became just a Facebooker. That was something I never set out to be. And the group(s) that I was so happy to run grew and grew and grew and then something twisted up in Facebook and out of the over 400+ members that it has, only 5 people at most see the posts. Only FIVE! And one of those five is the other Admin that runs it with me. So, what exactly am I doing again?

Certainly a new plan was in order and that is where my Reduce Facebook Time Challenge came from. So, what will I be doing with all this new found time I retrieve from Facebook?I will kick my butt into high gear and actually get active in my house remodel so that stuff isn't torn apart and just sitting all jacked up, I will be spending time with my grand babies guilt free, I will be doting on my husband and making him feel King of his Castle the way he deserves and actually have me greet him at the door instead of walking in to a heads down woman banging on the keyboard to Facebook. I will be helping my daughter lift her business off the ground so she can own her schedule and spend more time with her children.  I will be running my blogs and doing YouTube videos. The good news is, the blog posts and YouTube videos will auto post into Facebook so people won't even really know I am gone. :)

So that is the plan folks. Wish me luck. We'll see if I get through the first week of just morning and evening Facebooking...

P.S. Friends, I will keep up with you.... just not through FaceBook. Come see me on YouTube or visit my blogs:
www.RayvenMichaels.com
www.Yesterways.com
Yesterways on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dalyndra

www.EarthSpiritSoul.blogspot.com
EarthSpiritSoul on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF0Icarg1Mq0iNd6UPtK-JQ

Merry Part until we Merry Meet Again
Bright Blessings to All
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...